"Baltic Sea Region: One Hundred Years On"
Advanced Social and Political Research Institute (ASPRI) invites to the 2nd Riga Readings in Social Sciences (RRSS) at the University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia, November 22-23, 2018
The conference welcomes papers from the following disciplines:
- Political science
- Media and communication studies
- Information and library sciences
Contributions from interdisciplinary areas of studies (regional development, human development, memory studies, gender studies, social anthropology etc.) are particularly encouraged. The organizers invite proposals for individual twenty-minute papers from established scholars, early career academics and postgraduates alike. The Ph.D. students are also encouraged to submit proposals.
Topics may include but are not limited to the following:
- Political communication and civic society
- Democracy and contemporary governance
- Foreign policy and diplomacy
- Peace research and security
- Humanitarianism and human rights
- Social care and discrimination
- Media and communication
- Cultural memory
- History, culture and identity
- International migration
In addition, the conference organizers welcome panels that consider one or more of these issues in the context of the social sciences and the Baltic Sea region. Paper or panel proposals must include:
- Name, affiliation and e-mail address of the participant
- Title of the abstract
- Keywords (max 5)
- An abstract of 200-400 words
- Short biographical note
The deadline for paper and panel submission was June 15, 2018.
Participation fee: 90 EUR (the fee includes participation in the conference, conference proceedings, lunches, coffee and tea breaks). All participants will be invited to submit their papers. Selected papers will be published in the RRSS proceedings.